Just because you can see your desktop site on a mobile phone doesn’t mean it’s “mobile-friendly”.
Mobile sites are designed specifically for small screens, with the needs of mobile users in mind. A mobile-friendly site can help your business connect with customers and drive conversions.
Mobile Website Best Practice
- Keep it Quick – Mobile users are often short on time, design your site to load fast and make copy easy to read.
- Simplify Navigation – No one likes to be confused. Clear navigation and, on large or complex sites, search functionality, will help your customers.
- Be Thumb-friendly – Design your site so even large hands can easily interact with it.
- Design for Visibility – Make it easy for your customers to read – remember they may be in a place with low light.
- Make it Accessible – Ideally, your mobile site should work across all mobile devices and all handset orientations.
- Make it easy to Convert – No matter what your site’s objective is, your customers need to be able to do it with a virtual keyboard and no mouse.
- Make it Local - Include functionality that helps people find and get to you.
- Make it Seamless – Convert as much of the functionality of your desktop site to mobile as you can to create a seamless experience.
- Use Mobile Site Redirects – A mobile site redirect is code that can automatically tell if visitors are using a mobile device and send them to the mobile-friendly version of your site.
- Listen Learn and Iterate - Ask your desktop site users what they want in a mobile website and make testing and optimisation an ongoing process.
Here at PPLS Inc.™ we can build mobile versions of your website to ensure ease of use on popular mobile devices such as the iPhone and Blackberry.
Mobile versions of your website typically have the same content and structure but with a tweaked layout and design to ensure the content can be read easily by mobile users.
We can either build you a website specifically for a mobile audience or create a mobile version of your existing website containing all of the content the full version has but optimised for mobile devices.
You may also have a website which doesn’t work on an iPhone/iPad or other mobile device – this is often due to technology used to build your website (such as Flash) – we can fix this too!
Testing your website
Google have developed a great tool to allow you to test your website on a mobile device so you can see how your site will look to a mobile user – Click here >>
“PPLS Inc. have enabled us to expand our online campaigns quickly and with no hassle whatsoever. PPLS Inc. have listened and taken the time to understand us & their swift response to our requests has made them almost an extension of our own team!”Ben Culling, RDI
“We are very happy with the blog based website PPLS Inc. set up for us, it’s been a great success with our clients and we have had very positive feedback for it.”Leanne Pearce, Withoutequal Photography
“Quite simply fabulous. The PPLS team have converted a luddite into an online aficionado. They will now be my first port of call for all things online!”Andrea Taylor, Unit Communications
“Very professional and efficient – could not be happier with their work and looking forward to working with them again.”Annie White, Thomas Pink
“PPLS Inc. have been hugely supportive during the expansion of our business. Knowing our website, email and marketing was being taken care of by people we trusted was a huge weight off our shoulders! We would recommend them to anyone!”Jon Cox, Patchwork Events
“PPLS Inc. are quick to respond to all enquiries with insightful suggestions and always seem to turn things around in the short time we give them. The team are friendly, professional above all knowledgeable. The pricing is always fair and competitive. Looking forward to the next project guys. Thanks veryRob Jordan, Teaching Awards
“We have great communication with our project manager who exceeded our original brief with regard to creativity and design – and all within budget.”Donna Lund, Visit Chester & Cheshire
“Efficient service paired with excellent communication ensured we were always well informed and we were all struggling to keep up with the pace and efficiency of all at PPLS Inc.!”Neil Wilks, Auger
“Really great working with PPLS Inc. and thanks for working to our demanding time schedule. I look forward to continuing the partnership!”Olivia Carmichael, Barts and The London Charity
“Since work began with PPLS Inc., our success on-line has dramatically improved. The service we have received has been excellent, and we look forward to more future success.”Karl Middleton, Hugh Baird College, Liverpool
“It’s been a pleasure to deal with PPLS Inc.. You quickly understood our objectives and turned that into outcomes. Your team have been a pleasure to work with. We look forward to continuing to work together in the future.”Lisa Quinlan-Rahman, Scope
“The work you guys do has made a real difference to the amount of traffic coming through to the site. So much so that I work as an ambassador for you and have referred you to my contacts! Keep up the good work”Philip Lund, Timberwise
“PPLS have a winning combination of innovative thinking and good old fashioned customer care. Their service has been second to none and I recommend them to anyone wanting a really professional looking website”Hannah Charman, Veolia Environmental Services
“The staff at PPLS are approachable, attentive and a delight to work with”Sharon Christie, Brewsters
“For the 7 years we have used PPLS Inc. we have always had first class service from them. No job was ever too much for them to help with and the communication from all the team was polite and friendly. A real credit to the field they specialise in”Shaun Richman, See My Baby
“It’s been a pleasure working with PPLS Inc.. They fully understood our requirements from the outset, drove the work forward and delivered to deadline. They have a real ‘can do’ attitude and provided good advice and guidance throughout. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them and would happily work with themCatrin Hughes, Care Council